Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Whole Lot of Knittin' Going On

Finally - if you look on the right hand side of this blog, you'll see a "Knitting Meter". It's been at ZERO all this year. This week, I FINALLY was able to update it as I completed the Birthday Aestlight, a birthday gift for my friend Kim. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and she likes it a lot, so I'm counting it as a success!
Breezy Aestlight
 There are several other shawls in various stages of progress. First, the Summer Solstice Mystery Shawl by WendyKnits. This is a KAL and we're waiting for the final clue, coming on Tuesday.
 SSMS Clue D
 Next is the Wollmeise Vortex Shawl KAL with the Wollmeise group on Ravelry. This might turn into an "eternal knit". If I had not decided to put beads on the shawl, it would be a perfect TV knitting project. I only have about 40 stitches per section right now, so there's a lot left to do. :(  I like it, though!
 Vortex 40 stitches
 And last, is the Rockefeller KAL with Stephen West. I was going to wait to start this one, but was enticed by all the pretty photos posted in the Ravelry group, so I started mine too.  I'm using Wollmeise 100% in Cassis WD and Gazpacho. I really like the colors together.
 Beginning Rockefeller
 Summer is quickly coming to an end. We have begun the countdown to DS#1's wedding, then it's back to school time. This week, we'll catch a baseball game and next week head for the beach. Here's hoping there will be lots of knitting time there, too!



5 comments:

Mereknits said...

Wow the shawl you made for your friend is just so beautiful. Can I be your friend, too?
Happy Monday,
Meredith

Maggi said...

hi Cindy! I asked Rav to show me all the friends who were knitting the westKnits KAL and there you were! If I'd known sooner I might have stopped on the way home from ShrineMont yesterday -- where I got 21 wedges done. Sounds like you have some relaxing weeks ahead -- happy knitting!

knittingdragonflies said...

Wow! I need to cast on a shawl! How inspiring! Yours are lovely!!
Vicki

Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

Unknown said...

i love the first one ! the color is beautiful
XOXO
Alexandra Marie